For those attending the APHA Newark Summits, here is information to help you prepare:
Find information about each of our Summit sessions below.
Get maps and hotel contact information on the main Newark / NYC page.
- Dress comfortably. OK, it’s true, you never get a second chance to make a first impression… so… maybe business casual with the emphasis on the casual part.
- If you tend to get chilly, maybe bring a sweater. You know how these conference rooms can be.
- Come with an empty stomach! We’ll be providing great meals and snacks.
Friday Morning Session:
The Nuts ‘n Bolts of Making Connections (Agenda)
Have a good breakfast before you arrive, but know that we’ll have coffee, tea, and a mid-morning healthy snack, too.
Please plan to arrive by 8 AM.
Friday Afternoon Networking:
Connect with Advocacy Leaders and Other Advocates
Please plan to arrive by 1:30 PM.
Important! Bring your business cards! If you don’t have business cards, you’ll wish you did, so we’ve put together some information to help you develop them (and not waste money on cards that will be unusable later.) Creating Your Business Cards – Best Practices
As promised, several of our profession’s leaders will be attending our Summit Networking event. We have confirmed attendance from:
- Caryn Isaacs
- AnnMarie McIlwain
- Suzanne Fiscella
- Adria Gross
- Lorie Gardner
- Georganne Vartorella
- Jackie O’Doherty
- Grace Cordovano
- Karen Curtiss
- Trisha Torrey
Every one of these leaders is running a successful business, and each will have stories and resources to share with you. You will be so happy you’ve had the opportunity to meet them!
They’ll be doing some short TED-style talks, leading group discussions on a variety of topics, and answering your questions about advocacy and the business of advocacy.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”635″ img_size=”220×220″ alignment=”center” style=”vc_box_outline_circle_2″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
You’ll have the opportunity to meet and thank our vendors!
Getting excited? Want to connect with other attendees, or our leaders, before the event?
We’ve got a Forum for that!
APHA Members: Link here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Sessions:
Here’s what is in store for you during the networking event:
- Plenty of time to connect, chat, and interview other advocates, including our leaders and vendors, and APHA leadership, too.
- TED-style talks on topics of interest to help you further your practice.
- A panel discussion about getting started with your advocacy practice, with our Leaders talking about “what I wish I had known.”
- Break-out sessions with groups, according to interest. Groups will include: Building a Team, Getting Doctors to Talk to Each Other, Are You Charging Enough?, Overcoming Your Fear of Public Speaking, and Finding Mr. Right (Client).
- Lots more networking time… and snacks!
Friday Evening: For those who are staying overnight until Saturday…. there will be no pre-planned APHA gathering for dinner, but we invite you to connect with others in the APHA Discussion Forum ahead of time to see who would like to go out in a group.
Saturday: How to Connect with New Clients (Marketing Workshop)
Have a good breakfast before you arrive, but we’ll cover you with snacks and lunch throughout the rest of the day.
Please plan to arrive by 7:45 AM.
We look forward to seeing you in Newark![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]