For those attending the APHA San Diego Summits, here is information to help you prepare:
Find information and agendas about each of our Summit sessions below.
- Get maps and hotel contact information on the main San Diego page.
- Dress comfortably. OK, it’s true, you never get a second chance to make a first impression… so… maybe business casual with the emphasis on the casual part.
- If you get chilly, maybe bring a sweater. You know how these conference rooms can be.
- Come with an empty stomach! We’ll be providing great meals and snacks (see below). Soooo much food!
Time and Food Details for Each Session:
- Friday Morning Session: Please arrive by 8:15 or so. We’ll have breakfast, beverages, and snacks available throughout the morning.
- Friday Afternoon Session: Please arrive by 1:30. We’ll have beverages available all afternoon, and nice snacks mid-afternoon.
- Saturday All Day Session: Please arrive by 8 AM. We’ll have breakfast, beverages, morning and afternoon snacks, and a great lunch.
Agenda – Friday Morning Session:
The Nuts ‘n Bolts of Making Connections
Friday Afternoon Networking:
Connect with Advocacy Leaders and Other Advocates
Important! Bring your business cards! If you don’t have business cards, you’ll wish you did, so we’ve put together some information to help you develop them (and not waste money on cards that will be unusable later.) Creating Your Business Cards – Best Practices
As promised, several of our profession’s leaders will be attending our Summit Networking event. We have confirmed attendance from:
- Martine Brousse
- Karen Mercereau
- Suzanne Fiscella
- Rae Drazin
- Sandy Thigpen
- Brad Schwartz
- Kathy King
- Karen Curtiss
- Trisha Torrey
Every one of these leaders is running a successful advocacy practice, and each will have stories and resources to share with you. You will be so happy you’ve had the opportunity to meet them!
They’ll be doing some short TED-style talks, leading group discussions on a variety of topics, and answering your questions about advocacy and the business of advocacy.